Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My 4 Favorite Work Lunches

This month I have been working a lot. In terms of money that's a great thing, but not always in terms of lunch. I work from 11:45 to 7:00 which means that I have to bring a lunch with me. I got bored of bringing little snacks to work instead of a real lunch so this month I have made an effort to bring a variety of lunches. Here are my favorites. 

| Garden Salad |
This is quite literally a garden salad seeing how almost everything comes from either my garden or the farmer's market. I typically put in lettuce, tomato, cucumber, blueberries and pumpkin seeds with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I always make sure to remember to bring the dressing in a separate container so the salad doesn't get soggy. 

| Parfait |
Everybody likes parfaits, right? My favorite parfait to bring uses Siggi's vanilla yogurt, blueberries, coconut flakes and Bear Naked granola. I kept the yogurt in it's container, and then bring a larger one to pour it into filled with the toppings. I really Siggi's becuase the live cultures makes so that it doesn't effect my stomach as much. I also have been loving Bear Naked granola; I really want to make my own combination! 

| Peanut Butter & Jelly |
This isn't just any PB&J. I use my mom's homemade cracked wheat bread, her homemade raspberry jelly, and peanut butter (sadly not homemade). The real, hearty bread with the flavorful jelly makes for one the best sandwiches I could make. Using homemade ingredients takes this classic to a new level. 

| Salmon Wrap | 
For my salmon wrap, inspired by this wrap, I use salmon, lettuce, dill, tomatoes, and cream cheese. I love how the salmon tastes with lettuce, definitely not a combination I would have thought of before. I always feel fancy eating this, even though the effort involved in making it is minimal. 

Since some of these lunches are on the less filling side, I always make sure to pack a snack with each lunch. My favorite bars would be Health Warrior Chia bars (see salad) and Nature Valley Crunchy granola bars. The Health Warrior bars are a new discovery. They are a great snack, unlike other bars such as Cliff Bars. They also don't have weird ingredients which is great since I have been trying to watch what I put in my body. I love the chocolate peanut butter flavor. If I don't have a bar, I will typically have fruit such as a peach or blueberries. 

What do you bring to work?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment