Sunday, August 6, 2017

Why I am Rushing This Fall

Anytime I say that I will be rushing this fall in order to be in a sorority I always get some sort of rude comment about my decision. For me, sorority rush is the one thing that makes me more excited for school than anything else so these types of remarks sting a little. I have been looking forward to rush for over a year and I knew I would do it no matter where I went to school. Attending UW Madison has made rushing more important to me. There are several reasons for me wanting to rush, aside from just wanting to. These reasons are what makes me know that this process will be the best for me no matter what happens.


My primary reason for rushing is to make me more outgoing. I know this won’t change me forever, but the hope is that I can drop my shyness in order to really be myself. I tend to not talk when I am meeting new people so hopefully this will help me be more open to others throughout this school year. Right away I will need to be able to talk with people I have never meet and I know this will help me with all school relationships.
The clothes. How could one not want to be in a sorority with all of the clothes. I love the idea of being able to walk around in my letters, showing the pride I have in my sorority and the love of the group. I so want to be able to throw on a sweatshirt like this one, or a baseball hat with my letters. I visited Madison on a rainy day, and I couldn’t help but notice all of the girls wearing rain coats with their letters. To me, this seems like such a fun part about being in greek life!
The other reason for going greek would be the sense of family. I have always had a “family” outside my own, primarily through sports. Now that I am out of team sports, I know a sorority would be able to replace that group. I would give me a group of girls that I can rely on and always trust if I am in need.
Due to these reasons, and several others, I cannot express how excited (and nervous) I am for rush. I understand that whatever happens, happens, and that I might not end up in a sorority. That being said I fully believe this process will be a positive experience for me. Whether I join a sorority or not, you can bet about hearing about it.

Wish me luck!
Xoxo,

Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment