Monday, August 17, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale


In case you didn't know, today the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale started. This was the first year that I have ever bought something from the sale, and I was super excited to see what I could get. This year they changed around how purchasing went. Now once you go on to the Lilly website you are placed in a "line". The line thing was probably the most annoying thing, but it didn't turn out to be a big deal later on. Before the sale I was trying to do some research to get an idea about what the pricing would be and I could not find a clear answer from any blog so what I did find out (for future reference) was the following average for prices: shorts ($44), pants ($40), skirts ($50), Elsa tops ($80), tops ($30-45), dresses ($90-40).



So here's how my time went with the sale. I got on to Lilly Pulitzer the minute it started because I thought that everything would get sold out really fast. I was placed behind approximately 20,000 people with over an hour wait. I did manage to get on the site about 40 minutes later, which I was grateful for because I had Cross Country starting around 8:30. Once I got on it was super easy to find what I wanted which was shorts. It was a little frustrating because every time I wanted to add something to my cart I got a notification that it was no longer available. I did get one pair of shorts, this pair, in my cart and decided to check out, forgetting that if I did I would lose my spot. Once I checked out all of my open browsers put me to the back of the line (30,000 people). That was the moment I almost cried (I only slept like 5 hours last night), thinking that I couldn't anything else I wanted. Later on in the day, around noon, I came back and was surprised to still see so many shorts for sale in my size. I ended up getting this pair, which is just a classic print in my opinion. Overall the sale was worth the trouble, and I will definitely shop it again. 


xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment