Friday, May 29, 2020

52 in 52: Week 21

It feels like it has a been so long since I have blogged. My laptop has not been working well so it is really annoying to be on it for more than a couple of minutes. I have been using it as an excuse to stay off of electronics and enjoy the nice weather. It has been so hot outside (for Wisconsin in May) that I have not really wanted to cook anything. Instead I have making snack plates with fruit, hard boiled eggs, veggies and hummus for a lot of my lunches. That being said, I have still managed to make some tasty meals. 


This week I made crispy tofu. I have wanted to find a way to enjoy tofu since it is a cheap protein source that would be nice to have as an option next year. I used this recipe from the blog From My Bowl. The outside was just nutritional yeast and coconut aminos. I was not sure if it would work well, but it made for the crispiest tofu I have ever had. 

This recipe is great because you can easily add a lot of seasonings to change up the flavor profile. I made this without anything added, but next time I want to try it with garlic powder or something similar. The tofu worked well in a bowl as shown above, but I think it would also be great as a fun snack or appetizer with a dip. I highly recommend this recipe for anyone who wants to find new ways to enjoy plant based proteins. 

until next time, 
Maddie

1 comment :