Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Blender Veggie Pasta Sauce for One

Anytime I make dinner for myself at home, I always make pasta. I love pasta with a passion because it is so versatile. I have been experimenting with different kinds of pasta recipes that I can easily next school year. My only requirements are that they are cheap, fast, easy and somewhat healthy. It sounds like a lot, but in reality it has been pretty easy to find some good sauces.


This pasta sauce checks off all of the boxes. I would call this a pretty healthy sauce. It has three different veggies with carrots, cauliflower rice ad marinara. Personally, I feel you can count marinara sauce as a small bit of tomato, especially if you buy a higher quality sauce that is not full of unnecessary ingredients. At my house, we always have Silver Palate pasta sauce. This sauce is also so easy and fast. All you need to do is throw all of the ingredients into the blender. By the time your pasta is cooked, the sauce will be ready. 

I know that this sauce will become a staple in my diet, and I hope that you give it a try!


Blender Veggie Pasta
Servings: 1 (easily multiplied)

Ingredients
2-3oz dry pasta (I used Banza)

1 cup frozen cauliflower, defrosted and cooled
1/2 cup chicken broth (use vegetable broth for vegetarian)
1/3 cup marinara sauce
1 medium carrot, shredded (about 2/3 cup)
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt/pepper to taste

optional: spinach

Instructions
Boil water, and cook pasta according to the packages direction.

Add all of the sauce ingrinets (cauliflower through salt/pepper) to a blender, and blend until smoothie. Pour sauce into a pan, and heat through. Once pasta is done cooking, and warmed sauce and stir until evenly coated. At this point you can add in the optional spinach, and stir until wilted.

Notes
If making one serving, it will blend best in a smaller blender. The first time I made this I used a large Vitamix and it was still chunky just because the amount in the blender wasn't enough. I used a NutriBullet the second time, and it was the perfect size. 

For the cauliflower rice, I use frozen cauliflower rice that I defrost in the microwave. This causes the  size of the rice to shrink, so you may need to experiment if you are using freshly grated cauliflower rice that has been steamed. I have always used frozen cauliflower rice so I can't  help you there.

Leftover sauce can be stored in the refrigerator. It seemed to develop the flavors even more with time. 

This recipe was inspired by the Hungry Blonde.

What are your thoughts on this sauce?
Until next time, 
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment