Monday, May 18, 2020

2020 Spring Favorites

The spring semester ended for me a little over a week ago, and it went my quickly. When I was trying to think of what to write for this post, I realized that I was great about trying new things without going crazy and spending tons of money. My focus has been on staying healthy by minimizing injury from running as well as making new good. This comes through in what I have loved using this past spring. 



Lululemon Swiftly Long Sleeve
This whole spring until just last week was so cold. I was really thankful for my Lulu long sleeve during my morning runs, as it is the perfect shirt for the windy 40 degree mornings we have been having.

Garmin Vivoactive 4s: I bought my Garmin right around Christmas last year as a reward for finishing PT for my hip surgery, but go figure I hurt my hamstring almost right away. Part of attempting to fix my hamstring has involved slowing my pace down a lot. This watch has been really helpful with tracking my pace, and on a less important note, I have had a lot of fun tracking my water as well. 

Foam Roller: I used to use this kind of foam roller in high school when I worked out at a gym, but since then I haven't. With getting back into running, my legs have been very sore so I decided to invest in a nice roller. Now, even when I don't feel like running, I go on a run just to use the foam roller. It always feels so good. 

Champion Wisconsin Hoodie: I am not one to spend money on an oversized hoodie, but when I happened to find one at my school bookstore for  50% off, I did not hesitate. I had planned on wearing during finals this spring, but instead it turned into my quarantine hoodie for the days I did not want to deal with looking good. Talk about a great impulse buy. 

Patagonia Jacket: As I mentioned above, the weather was not great this spring. Because of this, I found myself wearing this Patagonia jacket all of the time when running errands or taking walks. Since my winter parka is really heavy, this jacket was perfect for anything between 32-50 degrees.

Nutritional Yeast: I had mentioned previously in this 52 in 52 blogpost that I tried nutritional yeast for the first time this winter. Since being home, I have also gotten my mom hooked on it, so we have been using it in all sorts of recipes. My favorite recipe so far was a nutritional yeast dressing from Eating Bird Food that we used for kale salad.

Body Love Every Day: I picked up this book from my public library right before it closed. I have really been loving some of these smoothies. I have tried several, and all of them were great. My favorite smoothie was the cookies and cream smoothie that has chocolate protein powder, flaxseeds, almond butter, blueberries and spinach. You can find that recipe and several others from Kelly LeVeque's book on her website (here). 

Prophecy Sauvignon Blanc: Once the weather starts to get warmer, I really like to have a glass of white wine in the evenings. This sauvignon blanc I picked up from my grocery store and loved it. This wine has a crisp taste, which is exactly what I am looking for after a long day outside in the sun. I highly recommend trying it out. 

8" Cast Iron SkilletI have had this skillet for a while, but never used it a lot. Now I have been obsessed with making socca so it is used several times a week. Socca is a crispy chickpea pancake popular in southern France. Making a good socca requires a cast iron skillet, and this. 8 inch size allows me to make the perfect size socca for one. 

The Rise & Conquer Podcast: I like to listen to a podcast during my afternoon walks and after listening to several, this podcast is by far and away my favorite. Georgie Stevenson is so fun to listen to, and I love that she can really make you think. The topics very which keeps it interesting, ranging from lessons learned in business to manifesting your life to breaking up with diet culture. The episodes never fail to entertain me on my long walks. 

What have you been enjoying this spring? 
xoxo, 
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment