Sunday, February 4, 2018

Easy Wrap Ideas

Wraps are my thing right now. Don't ask why, but all of the sudden I love making wraps. I typically pack a lunch  so I can make the most of my time studying  (lame I know). I started making wraps because I was too cheap to buy bread and tortillas in one week. I made a basic ham and cheese tortilla all week last week and now I am hooked! I have spent way too much time searching for easy, but yummy wrap ideas. I am pretty sure that I have found some winners.  


Veggie wraps might be the easiest thing for me to make. All I have to do is stop at the dining hall the night before and take the salad topping I want for my wrap. This way I don't have to buy a lot of produce, only for it to go to waste. This veggie wrap is particularly interesting to me because I love the idea of a mustard yogurt sauce; two things that go really well with veggies. This would be a great wrap to make now that lent is coming up and Fridays are meatless. 


There might not be an easier wrap to make. All you need is kale, cheese, canned salmon and a tortilla. I am really interested in the idea of canned salmon right now, because I love fish, but I am not about to go buy it right now. Canned salmon would be an easy alternative. I also have finally gotten on the kale bandwagon, so this is right up my ally. 

Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Wraps

Last summer I started to make a version of this wrap when I went to work. Again, I love fish, so this smoked salmon wrap is amazing. It is pretty much bagel and lox, but with a wrap and no bagel ie the more portable version. I like to add capers and dill to this wrap to make it even more like a bagel and lox. I already can vouch for this wrap, so try it and let me know your opinion. 

Nothing better than a little Hawaiian twist to BBQ chicken, layered inside a tasty wrap! These Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wraps are EASY, healthy and delicious.

For some reason, I have been under the impression that BBQ chicken would be hard to make.... yeah no. It is just adding barbecue sauce to cooked chicken. I love this wrap because it uses pineapple, which makes for a different type of wrap than you normally see. I really want to make this Hawaiian BBQ chicken wrap, but maybe as a dinner since it is a little more time consuming to make. 

Tuna Wrap | thehealthyfoodie.com

Another weird food fascination that I have is tuna salad. I no idea where this comes from, but my guess would be the same idea as canned salmon (actually getting to eat fish). This Tuna Wrap looks super easy to make, and it has an absolute ton of protein in it, so there is no need to worry about being hungry in the middle of the day. 

These sweet Gluten-Free breakfast wraps are the perfect grab and go breakfast! Portable, freezer friendly, and filled with wholesome simple ingredients! Literally a healthy breakfast bowl wrapped up to go; 3 ways! Healthy breakfast wraps that will satisfy your hunger on busy schedule.

You didn't really think I would go through a recipe round up without adding something sweet? As much as my application for savory foods has grown, I will forever have. sweet tooth. These breakfast wraps look so good, I think a friend and I are going to have a wrap making session to meal prep tons of these. I have never thought of adding rice or oatmeal to wraps, but I feel like it would be so good. 

I am hoping to be able to try all of these wraps throughout this school year. This past week has shown me how nice it is to be able to bring a lunch with me around campus so I have more time to get homework done. All of the recipes for these wraps can be found in the title underneath their respective photo. If you try any of these, please let me know how it goes!

xoxo, 
Maddie 

1 comment :