Sunday, February 11, 2018

Winter Favorites

Now that we have hit the depth of winter (or so the new 5 inches of snow has told me) it is finally time to share some of my favorite things this winter. It is a totally different feeling during winter when you  have to walk all of the time to go anywhere. I have never appreciated the ability of having a car so much as now. A 20 minute walk in sub-zero wind chill is never enjoyable, that being said, here is what I have been loving this winter. 



      Is there any surprise that half of these have to do with food? Yeah, probably not. I got the cookbook for Christmas to help me think of new things to make (it is great for people who only need to cook for 1 or 2) and through this I have come to really like recipes that involve kale and quinoa. Finally hopped on those bandwagons. I got a Yeti over Christmas break after my Starbucks Tumblr spilled all over me when I was walking to class last semester and ruined some of my books. This tumbler is so much nicer. It hardly spills and keeps things warm and cold forever! I love to use it when I bring tea with me to study on the weekends. The Rishi Ginger Tumeric tea is a great herbal tea. I love that there isn't caffeine so I can have it whenever, but it still have a strong flavor unlike most herbal teas. Just in case I was sounding too healthy right here, I also have loved La Loo's goat milk ice cream! (see my article about it here) The flavors are all amazing and best of all it doesn't make my stomach hurt! The last food related thing is The Kitchn. This website has become one of my new favorites, and I love getting their daily newsletters. Every article is interesting and I have found so many recipes I want to try through it. 
     Now away from food. I got this sweater earlier this fall and can't seem to stop wearing it. It is so cute and comfortable. I just throw it on with a necklace or scarf and call it a day. I know I have talked about my Bean Boots before, but these have become a necessity in college. I have avoided falling on my face so many times because of these boots, not to mention how warm my feet stay. Finally, my hat has been amazing. I used to never wear hats, but walking for around an hour or more a day really makes you reconsider. Any day I forget my hat is a bad, cold day. 

What have you been loving this winter?
xoxo,
Maddie

1 comment :