Saturday, May 2, 2020

52 in 52: Week 17

Last week of "real" online classes and finals are next week so that meant that I did not spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I ended up making most of my lunches on a whim, so they were nothing special. I have made some fun breakfasts this week including a zucchini bread smoothie (recipe coming later) and these zucchini bread pancakes (recipe). I had leftover zucchini from the previous week, where I had zoodles with dinner. It was a perfect excuse to make these pancakes.


These pancakes tasted exactly how I remember my mom's zucchini bread tasting. I haven't actually had it in years since it isn't gluten free, so I had to double check with her that it was a similar taste. There is almond butter in the pancakes that gave a great yummy taste, but since the flour used was coconut flour, it wasn't too nutty. I topped my pancakes with defrosted blueberries and maple syrup, which made for a great way to start the day. 

Another thing that I loved about this recipe was that it is  a recipe for one, but without a crazy portion size. It was so easy to make, that I see myself making it all summer long once zucchinis are in season. If you ever find yourself with even the smallest zucchini, I highly recommend making these pancakes. 

Until next time, 
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment