Sunday, February 19, 2017

Easy Breakfast Ideas



There is so much truth in the saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter how busy I am in the morning I make sure to have something filling. If I don't have breakfast, I am in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Since I have started to sleep in more and more, I have found some quick breakfasts to make. Added to each of these meals is a glass of orange juice and cup of coffee. Each of these idea are healthy, filling, and inexpensive to make. 



I have always loved oatmeal. In the past I used to just have it with brown sugar, but I am now making it a little healthier by adding flax seed, granola, dried cranberries and then a little brown sugar. I also add a touch of milk just to make sure that it doesn't get too thick. 

This is a super easy breakfast to make. I just used some granola that I picked up at the store and added milk. I also toasted a mini bagel and added homemade raspberry jam. I like having a breakfast like this since it uses smaller portions, but two things so I think I am eating more. 

This breakfast is very similar to the one above. Instead I used Go Lean Crunch granola (one of my favorites). I always add flax seed to my granola for a nutty flavor. I also had a muffin from the store to add some sweetness into the meal. 

Most breakfasts I really want something sweet but not always. When this happens I have peanut butter on half a bagel, and jelly on the other. This time I also added some grapes because I am never one to turn down fresh fruit. 

Finally, this breakfast is my most common one. It is just granola (Go Lean Crunch), flax seed and bananas. It is the fastest one to make and there is no way to mess it up. I typically do not use the whole banana so the rest of it I just eat plain on the side. 

What do you like for breakfast?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment