Saturday, February 11, 2017

5 ways to #treatyourself

Valentine's Day is coming up. There is so much of a focus on doing things with other people such as going out with a significant other or even something with friends for "Galentine's Day". Valentine's Day could also be used a great excuse to spend sometime on yourself. I've thought of some ways that you can take some "me" time. Of course these can also be done with a bunch of friends just for any occasion as well! 


| Brunch | 
I can't think of a better way to start a day than to have brunch so of course any day all about me involves it! I love perusing menus online before I go out to make sure that I find the perfect place. Right now, that is anything that involves heart shaped pancakes like these

| Have a Spa Day | 
No  day about treating yourself could be complete with out at least doing your nails. Why not make part of the day a spa day while you're at it! A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about how to have a spa day at home. Check it out here

| See a Movie |
I love watching movies, but I do prefer watching them at home. With that being said there are some great movies out that I can not wait to see! I think that Hidden Figures looks so good. I will probably wait until it comes out on Red Box to watch it, but going out to movies is a great way to spend Valentine's. 

| Make Valentine Cookies |
All of the cooking magazines that we get at my house have been writing about the cutest little heart sugar cookies, but it was Carly's post (here) that was the best of them all. Making cookies is such a fun thing to do either alone or with friends. Just make sure to save some cookie dough for the actual cookies!

| Buy Some Flowers |
Is it the middle of winter? Yes. Are flowers really overpriced right now? Yes. Does this matter? Nope. Get yourself some pretty flowers from your florist or grocery store, it really doesn't matter where. Use them to spruce up your bedroom or kitchen to add a cheery little decoration. 

 What are you doing for Valentine's Day?
xoxo,
Maddie


No comments :

Post a Comment