Sunday, April 9, 2017

Spring Break Recap

In case you missed it, I went Longboat Key, Fl for spring break. I was visiting my grandparents so it was nice being able to spend time with them. Last summer I made a guide to Longboat (I go there every summer) so you can see that here. This trip I tried a couple new places to eat and was able to spend a bunch of time at the beach! 

Longboat is where I first learned about Lilly Pulitzer, so I always love being able to go to the store and try on a bunch of things. This year I picked up this skort. I am in love with it and can't wait to wear it once it is warmer. 


My family doesn't typically go to the farmer's market when we are in Florida since the one where I live is better, but I really enjoyed spending my Saturday morning wandering about. It is the perfect spot for people watching!

( Croissants at C'est La Vie)

I found a new coffee spot (Pastry) and a french cafe (C'est La Vie) this trip! Both places have such great food. At the french cafe I so wanted to test out my french since the owners were from France, but I couldn't get myself to do so. This summer I am going to make sure that I do!


The beach is my second home in Florida. I spent at least 3 hours each day there and I wish I could have been there more. Reading by the water is one of my all time favorite things to do. Watching the sunset on my last night was the perfect way to end my trip. 

I ate so much sea food over that week. I got to try crab claws (10/10) and a lobster roll. Pretty much everywhere I went I was eating fish or crab. No lie, one of the reasons I like seafood so much is that I can eat way more without feeling sick. 

My grandparents house has the best view. Right over the mangroves is Sarasota Bay and it is so pretty. It is so fun to watch the canals because over the course of the week, I saw 6 dolphins and 4 manatees! (my favorite animal) I could probably sit on their back deck forever.

Until this summer, see you Florida.
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment