Saturday, April 22, 2017

Reading Recently

Due to spring break and a lull in my homework amounts, I have been able to read a couple of really good books recently. There is nothing I love more than reading on the beach, so I think I read about nine books over spring break. There was also some flight issues that made it so I had a lot more time to read than originally planned. 


     My favorite book was A Gentleman in Moscow. It is a historical fiction novel based in the USSR with the main character being a former person. It is all about the life at the hotel he lives in and how his life changes over the years. This was just a poor summary for a really great book. On a really different note, I like Lunch in Paris a lot as well. I would love to be able to move to Paris and figure out the lifestyle as I go along, but I doubt that will happen. This book had a some yummy looking recipes that I think would be so fun to make!
    I had to read 1984 for school and I wasn't sure if I would like it at first but I ended up really enjoying it. I loved how thought provoking it is, but it did get a little old after writing four essays on it. Jane Eyre was also great. It took quite a while to read, but it was worth it. The older style writing can get kind of long, but the story line was so good that I could not put it down at times. 

What are you reading right now?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment