Saturday, December 31, 2016

Looking Back on 2016

It is only fitting with today being New Years Eve to look back on this past year. It has been up of ups and downs, but luckily for me it contains mostly ups. I applied to college, survived junior year, and had a great with my family and friends. I went on several trips that took me to the city and to the beach. Here are some of my favorite moments from 2016....

Boston // Over spring break I got to go to Boston. I spent the beginning of the year planning for the trip and it may have been my favorite part of the year. It was so fun to see family and spend time in the city. Boston is definitely my favorite city to be in. 



College Tours // I also spent a large part of my spring touring colleges. I toured 5 in total: Tufts (in above picture), Boston College, Northeastern, Northwestern, and UChicago. I really liked most of them and ended up applying to 4 of them. 

Florida // Going to Florida is always so relaxing. Since we go the same place every year, it always feels like home. I love the beach and the sun. Going in the begining of the summer was a great way to kick off summer break. 

Door County // I probably used too much gas going to Door County too many times but oh well. It is really my favorite place to be in the world. It is relaxing and full of memories. I got to spend time their with a variety of people. Thanks to Door County, I was never home on my days off of work. 

 Chicago // This year was the first time I could ever go on a trip with just my mom and it was so nice. We went to Chicago and shopped all day. It was great to have time with just her. Chicago was such a fun trip and I hope to do it again before college. 

 Senior Year  // As much as I am not someone who loves high school, the start of senior year has sure been fun. I have been able to spend time with so many of my friends. We have had brunches and dinners together and have spent more time together than before. 

 College Tours (again) // Instead of touring colleges this fall with my parents, I went and stayed with some friends at Marquette and  UW Madison It was totally different, but so much fun. It made me realized how close I am to going to college and I am so excited. 

 Family // This year it felt like I spent a lot more time enjoying being with my family than before. I was able to do a lot of special things with them such a trips and special lunches. I will miss them a lot next year, but I am so thankful for this past year. 

2016 was a pretty good year. I know that 2017 will be a year with a lot of change, the biggest of which is going to college. This upcoming year will be a year of lasts and a year of many firsts and I am so excited to see what will happen. Now on to 2017!

xoxo,
Maddie

1 comment :

  1. I love Florida, I'm hoping ill be able to visit again soon, but from england it's quite a long flight! looks like you've had an amazing year :) I'd love it if you'd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/blogposts/2016/12/24/an-honest-post-about-recovery xx

    ReplyDelete