Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Dorm Room Tour

I so wanted to make a really cute dorm room like all of the ones on Pinterest, but I really couldn't since I had no idea what my dorm was really like until I got there. My roommate is an international student, so we couldn't make any plans to match so it is a plainer set up. I still like how it looks, and to be honest, I don't spend too much time in my dorm so it doesn't matter to me.
     My bed would have to be my favorite part. I have always loved my bedding so I decided to bring it along with me since it was already a twin XL. I just added a couple new pillows to make it a more comfortable place to be. I am still planning on buying red based pillows, but no store seems to carry them right now.  
     Under my bed is where I store most of my clothes since the closet is really small, and we have to share it. That doesn't bother me too much because between my dresser and drawers, I almost have too much space (if that's a thing). 
    I really like my oar with my hats (Pinterest inspired) as well as my bulletin board. My issue is that I almost have too much room to decorate that I need a bunch more stuff to fill up the space. I am looking into getting some prints, so if anyone has recommendations, let me know. 


There is an entirely separate room for our desk, which is nice because it allows me to really spread out. I keep my desk pretty clear, and then I use the space over my dresser for storage. This is where I keep all of my class things as well as my makeup and toiletries. 

My bookshelf (i.e. coffee station) is my favorite spot. I love being able to display my mugs and coffee supplies. I keep one of my favorite pictures here for decoration along with jars of shells from my vacations to Florida. 
      I also have a pantry in my dorm room, filled with my favorite foods, but since it is share it didn't want to take a picture of it since its no as organized as I'd like it. Would you be interested in a "what's my dorm pantry" post?

Now you've seen my dorm. I still hope to make it more homey, but it works for now. 
xoxo,
Maddie  

No comments :

Post a Comment