Saturday, September 16, 2017

What I Wore for Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment was a long process but I am so happy that I did it. I started planning what to wear in May, only because I was so excited. I put a lot of effort into making sure what I wore represented who I am, and not what I thought the chapter might want to see. The girls at Wisconsin were wearing a wide variety of outfits so my best piece of advice would be to wear what you love and  to not base it off of what you find online. With that being said, here is what I wore for Sorority Recruitment!


Round One 
For round one we were told to wear a cute outfit with shorts or a skirt, something fun and casual. This round lasted two days, where you visited 6 houses on each day, which meant two outfits were needed. For this round, I wore chino shorts both days along with a cute top. 

Round Two
The clothes for round two were supposed to be something that you would go out to tea with your grandma. I chose to wear a fit and flare, geometric pattern dress I got a while back from Dillard's, but I managed to find a similar one to show you all. This round involved seeing 8 houses and was based on philanthropy.

Round Three
Round three was the same as round two, but I decided to look a little nicer because I just wanted to wear my Lilly Pulitzer Dress. For this round, we visited 5 houses, got a house tour (!) and the basis was sisterhood.

Preference Round
The dressiest night of all. I wore a super cute black dress from Lauren James. I love this dress so much because it has pockets, scallops and an open back. How could you not love it? We visited three houses, and had more intimate conversations as well as some really good food. 

Bid Day
Bid day, or night for my case, is super casual since you are given a t-shirt. I just wore white jean shorts and Birkenstocks. The shirt I got was so cute. It was a light blue tank that said "Dropping Jaws since 1888" which went along with the share theme! 

The whole process had a lot of ups and downs, and being told to "trust the system" but in the end I can safely say I ended where I belonged. I love the girls in TriDelt and I simply cannot wait to get to know them better. Delta Delta Delta was the place for me, and I can say that the next four years will be better because of them. 

xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment