Saturday, July 22, 2017

My Go To Muffin Recipe

     Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day, so much so that I typically have breakfast food for lunch as well. Of breakfast food, muffins are some of the best. They are delicious, portable, and have many variations. 
    Due to the portable nature of muffins, I decided to make some in Florida for the plane ride home. I picked a recipe from the Cook's Illustrated cookbook The Best Recipe. I was hesitant about the yogurt but decided to make them anyways. Good thing I did since these have officially become my favorite an easiest muffins. They are so fluffy and light that they just can't be beaten. 
Ingredients

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup minus 1 tablespoon sugar
10 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt 


Instructions


Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees  Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.

Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in 1/2 of the dry ingredients. Beat in 1/3 of the yogurt. Beat in remaining dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with yogurt, until incorporated.

Spray a 12-cup muffin tin. Divide batter evenly among cups.  Bake until muffins are golden brown,  25-30 minutes. Set pan(s) on a wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove muffins and serve warm.

Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins
     I love blueberry muffins, but my sister and brother like chocolate chip so I make both in one batch. Split the batter into two bowls and add a 1/2 cup chocolate chips in one bowl as well as 1/2 cup blueberries in the other.  
     If only chocolate or blueberry muffins are desired, add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the add in. 

Let me know if you try these!
xoxo,
Maddie



No comments :

Post a Comment