Saturday, July 15, 2017

Longboat Key Dining Guide

Last year I created a guide to Longboat Key, Florida (here). This was a pretty basic guide that covered everything from where to stay, eating and entertainment. I only listed three places to eat, so after this past vacations dining experience, I knew I needed to share more. 

Breakfast & Coffee
C'est La Vie- This is a super cute french cafe in downtown Sarasota. They have the best pastries and a wide variety of breakfast selections. The coffee choices are limited to the classics, but pastries such as the almond croissant are to die for. 

Pastry Art- Pastry Art is just across the street from C'est La Vie, but totally different. This place has more of a coffee shop vibe. They have a wide variety of drink options, but the food is limited to the typical things like muffins and tarts. 

Lunch
C'est La Vie- Lunch is the true specialty of C'est La Vie. The menu is huge, but each item sounds so good. You can chose anything from savory crepes to baguette sandwiches to omelettes. Just make sure to save room for dessert because your choices are endless. 

The Old Salty Dog- Can anything be better than sitting on the water and eating lunch? A dock surrounds the Salty Dog so you can actually sit right over the water and watch Sarasota Bay. The food is always good. My favorites are the lobster roll, po' boy and Maui-wowi burger. 

Dry Dock Waterfront Grill- The Dry Dock is similar to the Salty Dog but with the option of sitting indoors. The food is great and a little nicer as well. Dinner or lunch is an option here. I love the lobster bisque and the lobster roll. (Can you tell I love lobster?)

Dinner
Rick's French Bistro- I found out about Rick's this year through Sarasota Magazine and knew my family needed to try it. The food is so good that we went back twice in two weeks. This is a really small restaurant with only 40 seats ran by Rick and his wife. Make sure you make reservations because you won't be able to just walk in!

Mediterraneo- This place has some of the best Italian food I've ever had. The lasagna is so good that I wish I could have it all of the time. It was a great change of pace from eating fish all of the time.  Everything I have eaten there was amazing so going with an empty stomach is essential.   


Desserts & Treats
The Haye loft- The Haye loft is part of a restaurant called Euphemia Haye. If all you are looking for is dessert, you can walk upstairs to the Haye Loft and have a wide selection of amazing desserts. My favorite are the coconut cream pie, cheesecake, and the pecan pie

Sarasota Fudge Factory- The homemade ice cream and fudge is so good here. If you are looking for a wide variety of flavors this is your place. Each day there are 30 ice cream flavors ranging from Trashcan to Turtle. The fudge is also really great with about 10 different choices. 

Big Olaf Creamery- This is the best ice cream on St. Armand's Circle. It is so creamy and flavorful. Both the waffle cones and ice cream is homemade so getting both is a must. This place might have the best ice cream I have ever eaten. Plantation Praline is my favorite flavor. 

Settimi's Gelato- If you prefer gelato to ice cream look no further. The choices are great here with both gelato and sorbet. I had the cappuccino gelato and it was amazing. 

Have you been to Longboat?
xoxo,
Maddie





No comments :

Post a Comment