Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Winter Workouts

I really like to work out, that is, in the summer. I love going for a run on a beautiful day and enjoying everything around me. Now that we are in the long stretch of winter, I am finding myself less motivated to work out, mainly because I have little idea of what to do. I am sure others go through this same thing, so I am sharing how I work out in the winter. 

| Cardio |
For cardio, I like to run. I start every workout by getting on the treadmill and running for a couple of miles. I just hold the speed at a steady pace the whole time. I will be totally honest and say that the main reason I run is so that I can watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Running and Netflix is a great combination because the TV show makes more motivated to stay on longer. 


| Arms |
This arm workout was found on Pinterest recently and it is pretty good. This workout has a beginner, intermediate and advanced version. I tend to do the beginner, but I add weights to parts of the circuit.  I will be the first one to admit that I need to work on my arms more, so I have been making a point of doing this arm workout at least twice a week.. 


| Core | 
I use Sworkit when I want to work on my core. It is an app that can be found for most phones. The workout can be set to almost any duration, and it gives you a variety of exercises. I typically set it for 15-20 minutes and by the end, my core is worked out. 


| Calves| 
I found this workout on Pinterest one day last year, and I have been using it ever since. I love quick and easy it is, while still giving your legs a workout. It takes me a max of 5 minutes to finishes, and you can do it almost everywhere. The only thing that you need is some sort of step to do leg raises on. 

How do you work out in the winter?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment