Tuesday, January 10, 2017

10 Things to do When You're Stressed

Finals week is coming up for me. This is my last set of finals where I know I will be stressed about my grades. It hasn't been decided whether seniors will be taking finals second semester this year. (I am hoping no) Over the past years I have learned how to deal with being stressed out, so I decided semester was the best time to share my tip on how what to do when you are stressed. 


|1| Light a Candle- Lighting a candle is such a simple thing to do that can help a little. This won't make any stress disappear, but the smell can help relax you. My favorite candle smell for when I am stressed are vanilla or something beachy. 

|2| Make Tea- The act of making tea helps me a lot. It forces you to take time away from the stressor and to focus on something else. It only takes about 5 minutes, but it is such an easy way to help. Later drinking the tea is also helps me since it is a repetitive action where I can just enjoy what I am doing.

|3| Read a book- Whether it is reading a couple of pages or the entire book, reading an take you to another place where you can forget about your stress for a little bit. I like to pick a book that I have read a lot, but is still great. An example of that would be The Great Gatsby. 

|4| Meditate- I don't meditate very often, but I find myself doing it when I am lying in bed and trying to sleep. My mind keeps focusing on my stress so I use meditation to help relax me so I can fall asleep. Find out how to meditate here

|5| Workout- Working out is the number one way I relieve stress. I find that by going on a run I can forget about what is going on, and instead I can enjoy the show I am watching. Even if it is just for a mile, it makes a world of difference in how I feel. 

|6| Take a break- This applies to when studying is causing you stress. My breaks come in forms of me taking a bathroom break or checking my phone. I keep my phone out of the room I am studying in so it involves me getting up and doing something different. 

|7| Talk to someone- Explain your stress to someone and it can help a lot. People might not be able to help you, but by telling others it can make you feel better. I try to tell my mom when I am stressed because it allows me to share how I am feeling and not have it bottled up. 

|8| Make a schedule- Odds on whatever you are stressed out about, that is what you are focusing on. By making a schedule, it allows you to make sure that you are getting everything you need to get done completed. If you start to forget your other responsibilities, then it will just lead to more stress. 

|9| Ask for help- People are almost always willing to help someone when they ask for it. When you are stressed ask someone for help, even it if is something as simple as starting your laundry for you. If possible, other people can help take away a little stress just by helping you do day to day tasks. 

|10| Take a bath- Taking a bath or just doing something for yourself helps a lot. Baths are great because you have time alone, listen to good music or read a book, and it is relaxing. After the bath it will help you feel ready to tackle the tasks at hand with less stress surrounding you. 

What do you do when you're stressed?
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment