Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Tuesday's Eats #1

I have posted a couple "what I eat in a day" blogposts before (here, here and here), but recently my mom and I were talking about how much we love reading these so we are both going to try to post what we eat weekly (check out her blog). I am going to try to post what I eat every Tuesday for every week this year. It will be interesting to see how what I eat changes with the season and based on where I am living at the time. I love counting my fruits and veggies, so this day we got 12 different kinds! With that being said, here is Monday's food while being at home.


Breakfast: Greek Yogurt w/ blueberries, raspberries, kiwi and blackberries topped with flaxseeds + granola

Every day I wake up looking forward to breakfast, it is by far and away my favorite meal of the day. I can never decide on what to eat because there are too many options. (oh the struggle) My dad had recently went to Costco and bought so many out of season fruits and veggies, something my mom rarely does. I knew I had to take advantage of the berries in a way that I would fully taste them. I made a big bowl of fruit, added yogurt for protein, and flaxseeds with granola for texture. 

Lunch: Mexican Inspired Kale Salad (kale topped with corn, carrots, tomato, cauliflower/sweet potato rice, spiced black beans, tortilla chips and cilantro) 

I always try to make some sort of interesting lunch when I am home over break to make up for all of my boring meals at school. Today I just decided to make a kale salad as kale is one of my favorite foods. I threw in almost all of the veggies I could find, and made a big, colorful lunch. Lunch like this can keep me happy for hours, especially with addition of beans. 

Lunch Dessert: Dried Mango

I have such a sweet tooth, but recently I have found that cookies and chocolates make me feel sick if I eat them in the afternoon, but for some reason they don't later at night. For that reason, I have found new sweets to enjoy. Unsweetened dried fruit has got to be one of my favorite ways to satisfy this craving.  

Dinner: Hummus Encrusted Chicken + Buffalo Cauliflower + Simple Salad

I was in charge of making dinner so I decided to try some new recipes. The hummus chicken turned our really well, at least to me. The non-chickpea lovers didn't care for it, but I loved the creamy hummus on the chicken. I wasn't as big of a fan of the cauliflower, but only because it was so spicy. That being said, I am really happy with how the dinner turned out and will definitely be keep that chicken recipe. 

Dessert: GF Gingerbread Cake + brown sugar syrup

I am so excited about this gingerbread cake. My mom has always made the best gingerbread cake in the winter, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to eat anything like it anymore. I found this recipe from Boulder Locavore (here) that was almost the exact same as my mom's. It turned out so well that no one knows it is gluten free! 

Finished with the first day of eats! 
xoxo, 
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment