Thursday, January 31, 2019

3- Ingredient Cottage Cheese Pancakes (GF)

I have been making these pancakes on repeat. I first made the recipe on day one of winter break, and ever since then these have been my go-to pancake recipe. I love this recipes because no one else in my family needs to eat gluten free, so I can just make these for myself when everyone else makes regular pancakes. Another reason I love the pancakes is that it has a lot of protein in it which helps me stay full throughout the morning. One serving has about 15 grams of protein, and you can add even more by topping your pancakes with nut butters or even more cottage cheese. This pancakes have a creamy, delicious texture that are so easy to make that there is no reason to not try them. 



3 Ingredient Cottage Cheese Pancakes 
modified from The Kitchn
for one (three small pancakes)*

Ingredients
1/4 c Oats (gluten free if need be) 
1/4 c Cottage Cheese 
1 egg 
1/8 tsp baking powder 
cinnamon (optional) 
1/2 tsp ground flax seed (optional) 

Topping Ideas: 
Berry Compote
Maple Syrup
Peanut/Almond Butter 
Nuts 
Warmed apples 

Instructions
Add oats into a blender and grind into oat flour. Add the remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Either heat a griddle or pan on the stove on medium-low heat. If using a pan, grease so the pancakes don't stick. Pour a 1/4c of batter onto the pan. Cook on one side until edges begin to firm and pancakes can be flipped. (time will depend on temp. of cooking surface) Cook on second side until cooked through, only about a minute or so. Add your desired toppings and enjoy! 

Tip: Pancakes may be hard to flip so make sure to pour them in 1/4c size or smaller. 

*This recipe is easily multiplied for more servings, just multiply by the number of pancakes you wish to make. 

Let me know if you like the recipe! 
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment