Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tuesday's Eats #2

I am taking advantage of all of the good food at my house before going back to school next week. This means eating all of the fresh produce and other things (like mom's canned peaches) that I won't be able to eat once I am back at school. I didn't get as many different kinds of fruits and veggies due to the repetition of avocado and tomato, but I still managed to have delicious full day of food. 

Breakfast: Avocado Toast + Peaches + Sausage + Grapefruit

There are few breakfasts I like more than avocado toast that uses my homemade flax bread. This bread is the gluten free version of my mom's cracked wheat bread. I could eat it all day and not get tired of it. I don't love all sausage, but this kind from my local butcher is so good and flavorful that I can never turn down a piece (or two). Finally, look at how perfect that grapefruit looks. This was a great way to start my day. 

Lunch: Black Bean Tacos with Avocado, Tomato and Salsa

For some reason I was craving tacos, and since we had so many avocados in the house, I decided to make black bean tacos. All I did was add taco seasoning to canned black beans, and then heated them through. This is the easiest meal to make, but it seems much more complicated. I won't lie, the black bean part is really just an excuse to eat more avocado and tomato.

Dinner: Chicken Cacciatore + Kale Salad + Polenta + Roasted Mushrooms and Tomatoes

I can't take claim for making this dinner (that goes to my mom) but I definitely polished off this plate. Serve me a meal of chicken, kale and tomato, and I will be a happy camper. My mom does a great job of making gluten free meals when I am home (hence polenta not pasta) and it makes all of the dinners so enjoyable.

Dessert: Banana Nice Cream with Health Magic Shell

I saw somewhere on instagram how to make "Magic Shell" with just coconut oil and cocoa powder, and since I used to love Magic Shell as a kid, I made it for my banana nice cream. The bitterness of the cocoa tasted so good in contrast to the sweetness of the banana nice cream, which is just blended banana. To make the "Magic Shell", melt 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil and stir in 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder. This will harden once it is poured over something cold.

Let me know if you try the healthier magic shell! 
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment