Thursday, January 3, 2019

Thursday Three

Two days are now in the books for 2019, but I can safely say I enjoyed the ending of 2018. This week was pretty much focused on friends and family. I loved spending time with my family while they were on Christmas break, and it was so nice to see friends that I haven't seen in a long time. This week was pleasantly busy ie I had thing to do, but I was never too busy or really bored. Here is what I was up to:

| 1 |
I have been having a lot of fun over break experimenting with different types of foods. I have made soups, fun tacos, new pancakes and even green juice. Now, I love my greens, but separating and eaten as a food not a juice. I have always avoided juices because I know eating all the parts individually would be more entertaining. That being said, this juice was really good. It had a grapefruit, half an avocado, spinach and cucumber. My favorite part about this juice was that it was made in a blender not a juicer, so while it was still liquidy, all of the fiber was retained making it more filling with a better texture.








 | 2 |
It has been disheartening not being able to run at all for over a month now. I really love to run and it stinks knowing that I ran a marathon and won't be able to run a mile. That being said, I have starting lifting weights and am finding that more fun than I remembered. I like to find different circuits online, and combine them to make an interesting workout. I hope I can gain muscle through this which I know will help me when I can finally run again too. 


| 3 |
No New Year's is complete without a trip to Door County. It has become our family tradition to spend the weekend there while the only goal being to relax and spend time as a family. Most of the days were spent curled up near the fire while reading books or watching football. I also enjoyed walks along the golf course my grandparents live near. One night there was a big snow storm which made the entire area so pretty. For me, there is nothing quite like fresh fallen snow on pine trees to make the perfect winter picture.

Now on to 2019, 
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment