Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tuesday's Eats #4

First full week of eating food back at school and let me tell you it is a disappointment. This day of eats was really good, but by the end of the week I was running out of food and there were no leftovers at the house. I tend to eat the same thing over and over again throughout the week, so I am going to try to make sure to have variety in my life. Here is what I ate.

 Breakfast: Siggi's Black Cherry Skyr + Kiwi + Orange + Zucchini Carrot Muffins

 Breakfast for me tend to be either oatmeal, toast or yogurt based. We had some good fruit around the house so I wanted to make that my focus of the meal. I had some of my favorite muffins frozen (this recipe) on hand so that was a great addition. Yogurt was my final addition for a good source of protein. This was a good, filling breakfast that managed to fuel me through until lunch. 

Lunch: Salad w/ chicken, tomato, cucumber, olives, carrots and balsamic vinaigrette + Orange + 1/2 Baked Potato w/ marinara sauce

I made a big, yummy salad for lunch by adding chicken that was leftover from a previous meal. I always try to have a meal that is veggie heavy because I can't always guarantee that it will be an option. I wasn't sure the salad would be enough to keep me full throughout the afternoon, especially since I wanted to lift before dinner. I added the baked potato to help me feel satiated and it made another big meal. 

Dinner: Pork Chops + Mashed Potatoes + Broccoli

Dinner (and lunch) are made by our chef. Dinner can be a hit or miss based on if everything is gluten free or if it is the kind of food I like. Luckily this was a good dinner. This semester I am actually able to eat dinner when it is fresh and with people instead of warmed up in the microwave.

That was all for today! 
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment