Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Top Books of Summer


Summer is my favorite time to read. I get to chose every book, I can swing on my hammock and read, and it helps pass the time on my breaks at work. I love to read a great variety of books so I thought I would share my favorites so far.

War Brides: This is based during WWII in England. It is a story of 5 young women and how they navigate the war. There is everything from missing family, handsome men, hidden Nazis and elaborate schemes. There is a little bit of everything in War Brides which makes it great for all readers. 

All the Light We Cannot See: Oh. My. Gosh. is this book amazing! It also takes place during WWII but this time in France. It follows two separate tales. One about a blind french girl whose father worked at a museum. This museum house a famous jewel that Hitler himself wants. The second one is about a German boy who has a gift with radios. He was orphaned at a young age, but his gift gains him entrance into the best school which is ran by the state. The stories weave together at the end to form the most tragic, but beautiful ending. 

The Last Song: Yes this book is like almost every other Nicolas Sparks. But what makes this love this book is what makes it stand apart from the other Sparks books, it isn't as much about romance but a tale about a girl finding herself and building her relationship with her father. Even if you don't like Nicolas Sparks I would still give this one a read. 

The Firm: There is no romance is this book. The Firm is a legal thriller about a young lawyer who mistakenly takes a job with the wrong place. The FBI starts to question and follow, which puts him in a position that threatens his life. Every book that John Grisham writes is so gripping that you simply cannot put it down. Just this summer I have read 5 different books by him, but The Firm is the best of them all. 

Love & Gelato: Back to the romance and teen read. This is such a fun and easy summer read about a girl whose dying mothers wish is for her to go to Italy and meet her long lost father. Of course, while in Italy she meets this amazing boy, while actually two. The story follows her time in Italy with special attention to her two relationships, her dad and her boy(s). 


Which of these books sounds good to you?
xoxo,
Maddie



No comments :

Post a Comment