Sunday, August 26, 2018

Summer Favorites

Summer has officially ended for me since I am now back at school. Classes haven't started yet, but I am spending all of my time getting ready for sorority recruitment. This summer was one of my favorites. Between having a job I really liked, traveling a little bit and baking all of the time, I was able to really enjoy myself. Here are some of my favorite things that I have used, worn or eaten this summer! 


Since the peach truck first came this summer, I have eaten a peach every morning. Peaches have become one of my favorite foods. I love plain peaches in the morning, peaches on salads and grilled peaches with ice cream for dessert. The Peach Truck is now my favorite part of summer because it brings me my peaches. 

I got this bikini top for this summer and it might just be my all time favorite. It is fantastic for girls with a smaller chest since it can fit flat on the chest. The quality of the suit is really nice, much better than anything you could get at Target. This suit is currently on sale so I recommend grabbing a swim suit for next summer! 

If you've read this blog for the course of the summer, you will have known that I read a lot. Out of all of the books I've read, A Man Called Ove has been my favorite. I was hesitant about it at first, but Frederick Backman is such a fantastic author that I want to read all of his books. 

I got this tank early in the summer and it has been worn on repeat. I wear it at least once a week because it fits me so well. It is light enough for the super hot days so that I can still be comfortable. I already have another coming in the mail. This top will also be so nice during the fall and winter layered with sweaters. 

I have a major problem with standard deodorant because I always end up with white splotches all over my clothes. I tried this deodorant since it is a clear gel, and I have to say I'm impressed. I no longer worry about messing up all of my outfits due to white streaks! 

I needed to buy a white skirt for sorority recruitment and I was just planning on getting something cheap that I could wear once, but when I was in Florida I found this skort and fell in love with it. I have worn it several times this summer and it is turning me into a skirt/skort person. It looks so cute with a striped shirt or the tank mentioned above that I am so glad I bought it. 

I have always talked about how much I love Siggi's Skyr but now I'm converted. Icelandic provisions is creamier, less tart and has stronger flavors. I have tried all of the flavors this summer and I would recommend any of them. My favorites are coconut (with actual coconut flakes in it!), raspberry and cherry. 

For the past year I have debated about getting Ray Bans, but never wanted to spend the money. I ended up finding this pair on Amazon and decided to go for it. They have become my summer staple this year and go with me everywhere. I love that they're polarized and came with a hard case. It is such a great deal for only $20. 

My mom and I wanted to start a new TV show together and we decided on Grace and Frankie. We aren't big TV watchers but we love sitting down at the end of the night to watch an episode before bed. It is such a funny and cute show that I would recommend that everyone should give it a shot. 

Finding out I needed to be gluten free was the hardest part about this summer. I couldn't eat most of my favorite foods or eat treats at the farmers market every week. Thankfully we bought this book early on and it has helped me so much. Only one or two recipes haven't worked out for me, but everything else has been great. I have made a lot of my favorite foods that help me adjust to eating gluten free. 

I have always struggled with hair that got greasy really quickly after showering, but this new shampoo (at least new for me) has allowed me to be able to be able to avoid showering on days I don't workout. I am so glad I tried this shampoo since it just give me better looking hair for even a little longer. 

I want to find a new granola for me to eat since I couldn't eat my old favorites due to non-gluten free oats. I tried Purely Elizabeth Original since it is chunky and a basic flavor. I really hate granola that is just a couple flakes as opposed to chunks so this is what makes Purely Elizabeth amazing, you know, that and the flavor. 

What were some of your summer favorites? 
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment