Saturday, September 3, 2016

Best of August


| Shirt (similar) | Necklace | Book | Wallet (similar) | Cookbook | Dress|

        August was definitely a good month. I didn't work the whole month (the beach closed on the 21st) so I had a lot of time to myself for the last week. I started baking again which makes me so happy. I used to bake every weekend when I was in middle school, but I just got to busy for it. I truly love to make food because I love seeing others smile and be happy when biting into something I made. With all of my free time I have had a ton of time to read. I kid you not that I have read about seven books in the last 10 days. My favorites were Boys in the Boat and What the Lady Wants. They are so different, but oh so compelling. 
        As with any month, there are a couple fashion pieces that I have loved. I have found myself wearing pocket t-shirts almost every day. They are just so comfortable that I love wearing them. I also know that I will try not to wear t-shirts to school so I'm making up for that now. When I was in Chicago, I got the Kendra Scott necklace and the wallet from Fossil. Let's just say that I only take the necklace off for tennis. I think it is just perfect. I had wanted a wallet for quite sometime and I am always thrilled to use it. I love the stripes, I am a stripe kind of person, and it is just great for when I don't want to carry my keys all around. Finally I got the dress as part of my back to school shopping (comment below if you want to see a haul) and I am so excited to wear it. I haven't worn it yet but I figured I can add it to my August favorites because I have just loved thinking up different ways to wear it.
        This month was a really great one. I got to work, be with my friends and shop- all my favorite things (yes I do like to work). Part of me is sad that August has come to an end, but I am so excited that September started that I won't be too disappointed. Think homecoming, fall, football etc....

What did you like about August?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment