Tuesday, January 30, 2018

What I am Watching: Netflix & Amazon Prime

Being in college gives me a lot more time to watch the types of TV shows that I like, but having been home, my family introduced me to a bunch of new shows. Everyone in my family has different tastes when it comes to watching TV so one of my favorite things is that I can watch whatever I want, whenever I want. Here are some of my favorites that I have been watching or recently finished. 


     When I was home for break, my mom showed me Victoria for the first time, and my sister introduced me to The Good Place. All of these shows make up the most random combination possible. Most people know about House of Cards, but if you don't, it is a legal thriller about corrupt politicians in Washington D.C.. Another thriller-esque show is Riverdale. Most people have heard of this show by now, but I really liked it. It was just enough teenage drama to be interesting, but it was different from all the other shows on Netflix. It is fun change of pace.
      For more of a funny sort of show, you have The Good Place on Netflix. Eleanor ends up in the good place when she was supposed to be in the bad place. It is a funny show about the troubles she accidentally causes and her attempts to be a better person. I love how these are short episodes; perfect for watching right before bed. The Great British Baking show is another funnier show on Netflix, that is, if you like baking or cooking shows. The hosts are amazing, and every season I get attached to random contestants. This is my favorite show of the bunch, and if you haven't seen it yet, you need to.
       On Amazon Prime, Victoria is the best there is. It is about Queen Victoria and her time as a monarch. Only the first season is out at the moment, but you can bet I am impatiently waiting for the second season to be released. This show is similar to The Crown on Netflix, but less serious in a way. You may also be able to watch this on your local PBS channel.
      I am always looking for new shows or movies to watch. If you have any recommendations, let me know!

What are your favorite TV shows?
xoxo,
Maddie

1 comment :