Sunday, May 26, 2019

Perfect Bar Flavor Rankings

Perfect Bars have become a staple for me over the past year. I love how they are full of protein and healthy fats that keep me full and satisfied. I make sure to always have a couple around during the school year as 1/2 a bar makes for a nice quick snack, or a full bar is great for helping tide me over between meals when I am eating at random times. I had fun trying a bunch of different flavors. These flavors all came from a pack I got at Costco that had peanut butter, almond butter and chocolate crisp, as well as from a mixed pack from Amazon. I loved being able to figure out what flavors I liked compared to the others, so here is my ranking of Perfect Bar flavors starting with my favorite to least favorite.

Peanut Butter Coconut
You need to like coconut to like this flavor, but if you're like me and love coconut then this is the bar for you! The texture is perfect as there is added coconut flakes in the bar. I've never thought of the peanut butter and coconut combination before but it really is a winner so I fully recommend trying this Perfect Bar.

Blueberry Cashew
I liked the idea of cashews and blueberries but I wasn't sure how I'd like this bar because I really love plain cashews but I dislike cashew butter. Thankfully this bar turned out to taste really food. There were chunks of dried blueberries and cashews in the bar which gave a great texture. My only complaint is that there wasn't a lot of blueberries in the bar, but I also understand that the amount of blueberries can vary by bar.

Maple Almond
As a huge maple syrup fan, I am not at all surprised by how much I liked this bar. The maple flavor is strong enough to not be overpowered by the almonds, but it also doesn't make the bar too sweet. There are chunks of almond scattered throughout the bar as well, adding to the texture. The maple almond combination is fantastic. If this review was being written in the fall, then it would probably be above blueberry cashew but right now I am in a summery mood so blueberry wins.


Pumpkin Pie
This flavor has potential to be in the top three if only it would be available all year long. I really loved this flavor last fall, and I was so disappointed when I couldn't find it anymore. Pumpkin Pie is an accurate name as opposed to pumpkin spice. There was a subtle pumpkin flavor with added nuttiness. I won't lie I don't fully remember what this tasted like, but I do remember how excited I was once I tried it.

Dark Chocolate Crisp
I really liked to eat this bar as a dessert. I don't love chocolate in the middle of the day, but it was a great way to end the day. The crisps added a fun texture. It reminded me of a mix of a rice crispy bar and the standard Perfect Bar. I also like that this bar is a little lighter because normally at this time of night I normally just want to satisfy my sweet tooth, not satisfy hunger.

Fruit and Nut
I heard this bar compared to a peanut butter and jelly, and well I wouldn't go that far, it still reminded me of the classic combination. I liked how there were chunks of peanut butter and some dried fruit, but I really felt the bar was lacking in fruit. This means that some bites tasted like the plain peanut butter bar which was a little disappointing. If there was more fruit, then I would like this bar a lot more.

Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter
Unpopular opinion, but I don't love this bar. Although chocolate and peanut butter is a classic combination, I feel like the flavor is lacking. There just isn't anything special that makes this bar stand out. I found that the peanut butter overwhelmed the chocolate flavor, making the bar a little plain.

Almond Butter
This bar definitely tastes just like almonds and almond butter. I do like this bar, but my main problem with this bar is that once it comes to room temperature it can get really oily. This makes it less enjoyable to eat, especially since it leaves grease on your fingers. It's still good flavor, but not one that can be eaten at room temperature while trying to do anything else.

Peanut Butter
There is nothing wrong with this bar that puts it so low on the rankings, it is just that it is very plain compared to the other flavors. You have like really like peanut butter in order to like this bar, because it is just a strong peanut butter flavor. Plain flavors have their perks, but it just doesn't compare to flavors such as coconut peanut butter.


Dark Chocolate Almond
This bar was a huge disappointment. I was hoping for something similar to teh Dark Chocolate Crisp, but instead the bar was very grainy with an off flavor. There isn't too much to say about this bar, other than I didn't like it so much so that I did not even finish half of it.


As of now, I haven't tried the following flavors: Salted Caramel (Limited Edition), Chocolate Walnut Brownie, Mocha Chip, and Birthday Cake (limited edition).

Overall, you can tell that I really love Perfect Bars. Other than the Dark Chocolate Almond, I really like all of the flavors. Even peanut butter, the lowest of the positive reviews, is still good. This summer since I can cook a lot, I won't be eating a lot of Perfect Bars but once it comes time to go back to school, I am going to stock up again.

What Perfect Bar flavors have you tried?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment