Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: Last Week of Classes

Last week of school! I currently writing this after my third full day of just sitting and studying so this is a much needed break. Although this day had some good food, particularly dinner, I am really excited to go home. I am so ready to cook whatever I want and eat all of the local foods from around me. I have one week left of eating the most random meals to get rid of food and then I am done! With that being said, here is what I ate during my last week of classes.

Breakfast: Cream of Buckwheat w/ Blueberries and Banana, and Sausage

A purple breakfast this morning of cream of buckwheat with frozen blueberries. I always think it's fun how frozen blueberries turn everything purple, but this batch of blueberries wasn't the best tasting which make breakfast only okay. This wasn't my favorite breakfast I've eaten recently, but not every meal is going to be great.

Snack: Celery and Peanut Butter

I was so hungry during the middle of the morning so I quickly grabbed peanut butter and celery from a market at school. It isn't anything special but one thing I did notice was that after now only eating natural peanut butter, the standard store bought stuff tastes so weird. I really tasted the different, and it just shows me how much more I love natural peanut butter.

Lunch: Salad w/ Broccoli, Carrots, Pineapple, Guacamole and Canned Salmon

I really loved this salad bowl I made out of all these random leftovers. I knew I wanted to use up a salmon pouch I had, and there was pineapple around so I started with those two ingredients and just added anything else that sounded good. The weather was also really nice this day, so this semi-tropical salad really hit the spot.

Snack: Clementine and Chickpeas

Not much to say about this snack, other than you can clearly see that is this a common snack for me. Its easy to transport, tastes good and keeps me full, enough said.

Dinner: Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower and Frisee Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing

This dinner was one of my favorites one I have had at school for a long time. Roasted cauliflower always makes for a good dinner, but the real star of the show was the honey mustard dressing. Our chef made it for the first time this week, and I am honestly upset that he waited this long to make it. It is one of the best salad dressings I've had yet. The chicken wasn't anything too special, but the combination of everything made me (and my tastebuds) really happy.

Dessert: 1/2 Dark Chocolate Almond Perfect Bar and Popcorn

 I really wanted dessert this night, but couldn't decide between sweet or savory, so I went with half a Perfect Bar and some popcorn. This is such a good combination. I love the mix of flavors and textures. The Perfect Bar can also add a decent amount of protein that keeps me full throughout the night and makes it so I don't have to eat immediately once I wake up.


Wish me luck with studying!
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment