Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: All the Greens

This week started to finally feel like summer. The weather got really nice for a couple of days and I got to enjoy some my favorite summer activities. Saturday was my favorite day as I got to start out with yoga, and then go to the opening of one of my favorite farmers markets. The rest of the day was spent gardening and being outside which was so enjoyable. I got a slight sunburn so you know the weekend was a success. Here is what I ate this week (hint: it's very green). 

Breakfast: Steel Cut Oats with Cauliflower Rice, Flaxseed, Blueberries and Blackberries with Kale Juice 

Unlike Saturday, this particular morning was pretty chilly outside, so I needed a warm breakfast. Beeng home means I have time to make steel cut oats, which is my favorite kind of oats. I topped it with the fruit I found around the house and flaxseeds for some healthy fats. The other day I had made a kale juice which was just kale, ginger, lemon, lime, and water put in a blender. It was surprisingly good so I will be making that again. 

Lunch: Kale Salad with Apple, Avocado, Shrimp, Grilled Onion and Roasted Cauliflower

When I started making lunch all I knew I wanted was roasted cauliflower, so I quickly made some. Then I just started throwing together random things from my refrigerator and somehow made this really yummy salad. I don't normally add apples to my salads, but I was inspired when making this. I loved the crunch they added. 

Snack: Apple and Peanut Butter 

After lunch I went on a longer walk, so once I came back I was a little hungry again. I used up the rest of the apple from my salad and drizzled on my favorite natural peanut butter. I love natural peanut butter (partially smucker's) so much for the texture. It is so much better than the highly processed kinds, so I fully recommend it. 

Dinner: Chickpea Pasta with Sausage, Mushrooms, and Leek along with Broccoli and Sauerkraut

My mom made this dinner, and it was really good. She just threw together random ingredients in our fridge because she wanted to use up the specialty sausage we had from Madison. I really loved this dinner because you could really taste the mushrooms. This year I have been liking mushrooms more and more, so dishes like this are right up my ally.

xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment