Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: Full Day of Cooking

This past week was a busy, but good one. Its really nice to be home again for the summer. I am loving good coffee, fresh fruit and veggies, being able to cook and best of all my mom's homemade cooking. I have also started a new job that is based more around dietetics that I am really excited about. I love that I can learn more about nutrition, get paid, and best of all, I get to try a lot of different food products for free. I couldn't think of a better summer job. With that being said, here is what I ate this week (can you tell I've been having fun in the kitchen?). 

Breakfast: Banana Bread (Unsweetened Caroline) w/ Peanut Butter and Cinnamon, Kale Salad, and Yogurt w/ Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries and Flaxseed

I recently have been disliking sweet things which is really weird, but it mainly is with refined sugar based foods, so I think it is just from not eating a lot of sugary things for the past school year. Because of this, I decided to try an unsweetened banana bread made with buckwheat flour. I really liked this recipe as it is not sweet so it goes just as well with kale salad as a parfait in the morning. This particular morning I had no idea what I wanted to eat, so I just decided to have a little bit of everything. It made a random, but yummy meal. 

Lunch: Avocado Shrimp Salad w/ Carrot, Spinach, Cucumber, Hemp Seeds and Kombucha 

Yummy lunches are my favorite part of summer so I took advantage of the produce in the house to make a shrimp salad. I always just start with precooked shrimp, and add whatever I can find. This was one of my favorites yet, so I am going to continue experimenting. Keep an eye out for a recipe if I can perfect it. One fun thing about working in food service is that I can try a lot of different drinks and snacks. I have been loving trying all of the different Kombucha flavors, and this was the first one I found that I truly loved! 

Snack: Crisp Bread (this brand) w/ Hummus (not pictured) 


Dinner: Mushroom Bolognese (Delicious Everyday) w/ Banza Pasta and Simple Salad

I was in charge of making dinner this night, so I made a really yummy mushroom bolognese. TI love using my chickpea based pasta with this sauce because it allows for added protein. Banza is my favorite because the chickpea base adds a whole wheat-like flavor that goes really well with the earthiness of the mushroom. Of course, a little salad was added to make the plate more colorful and to throw in another veggie into the meal. 

How was your week?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment