Friday, July 10, 2015

Packing for Florida

I just came back from a two week trip to Florida, so sorry about the lack of posts. I will be doing a post on it later. I stayed at a house with a washing machine, so I didn't have to bring that many outfits.  Here are a couple notes on how I organized my packing.
1) I try to stick to a color theme so almost everything can make multiple outfits. (Blue was my theme)
2) Make sure everything can make at least two outfits. This is my general rule since this way I can just have more options.
3) Make a list so you don't forget anything. I used to just write it on loose leaf paper but this year I am writing up on a word document so I can have it for next year as well.
4) I check the weather about 4 days before I go to see if I need to make any changes if I should be warmer or cooler then I thought. 
5) ROLL THE CLOTHES! Seriously, it allows you to take more, and your clothes don't get weird creases from the folding.
6) Make sure to leave some room for anything you might buy. You don't want space to be the reason you don't get something.

Here are some pictures of what I packed..

I brought five shirts. I made sure to choose a lot of tank tops because the weather got to around 90 degrees every day and it was really humid. I also made sure each shirt could go with at least two pairs of shorts.
 
I brought 6 pairs of shorts. The nike shorts were great to bring because they were perfect for flying. Even though the Lilly shorts don't match everything, I just had to bring them.

I brought two sweatshirts. In the future I will only be bringing one sweatshirt since I only used the shep shirt. The shep shirt was great because it was lighter then my Northwestern crew neck. 


I brought five pairs of shoes. I wore the Birkenstock the most because they are so comfortable. The black sandals were for going out to dinner. Next time I wouldn't bring the Sperry 
top-siders because I didn't wear them as much as I thought I would.

xoxo,
Maddie


1 comment :