Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Marquette


Yesterday I went on a visit to Marquette University. This was the first college tour I have gone on, and I had a blast. I definitely had lower expectations for Marquette because of what I had been told about the safety of the area. Over the course of the tour and looking around with my mom, my safety was never anything I was worried about. Thought the campus was beautiful and it was some place I could really see myself doing well in. But I shouldn't get too ahead of myself since this is the first college I toured.

Here is a little information about Marquette in case you haven't looked into it before. Marquette has about 8,000 students, not counting graduate students. The average ACT score is a 27. About 57.7% of applicants are accepted. There are fraternities and sororities. They do not have a football team, but they have a basketball team. 


The first thing we did when we got to Marquette is we asked the person working at the front desk where he would recommend going for lunch. He recommend Sobelmans. I am so glad we went. This place is so good. It had a really relaxed atmosphere that is very similar to many other places I like. The burgers there were amazing, as were the fries. I would recommend this to anyone going there. 


This isn't the prettiest picture, but I felt that it was like the gateway between the two parts of campus. There is the class part and then the rest part (the part with food and dorms).


One of the things that I loved to see was that there was a nice amount of grassy area. This is one of the things I really want my college to have just because it's like the typical college scene. There were a few kids walking around, but not that many since most people were home for the summer. One thing I really liked seeing about these kids was that two guys I saw were wearing vineyard vines. It might sound silly. but seeing people who were wearing similar things to what I like to wear made me happy because it showed there were people with similar style to me.



I took this picture because I thought that the flowers all around were just the prettiest thing. All of the flowers were in bloom so there was color everywhere you looked. 



Here is another picture of the flowers. This was taken right by the Joan of Arc Chapel. This was probably my favorite part of the campus just because it was gorgeous. 




And yet another flower picture. As you can tell by the sky, it was a perfect day touring. I promise now I am done with pictures of flowers.


Here is the corny college tour picture that my mom wanted me to take. I was fine with it because I thought my outfit was cute. I wore Lilly Pulitzer shorts, a Ralph Lauren Polo tee, and Birkenstock. I would really recommend Birkenstock's for a tour because you do a lot of walking around and they are just so comfortable


This picture is just because I can't do anything normally. 

Throughout the tour it was really coming to me about how I only have 2 years left until I leave and have to learn about everything on my own. That was a scary thought. 

Overall I really liked Marquette. It had enough green space that I could see myself hanging out (when it's not snowing). The atmosphere was relaxing, but i'm sure that's not what it's like with all the kids there so it is a good thing I will be visiting someone this winter. Overall I will for sure apply here when it comes time for applications. 

What Colleges Do You Like?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment