Friday, June 7, 2019

Spring Favorites 2019

I can't believe it is already June. Time has absolutely flown by between finishing up school and starting my summer job. I was so overwhelmed with things to do over the first half of the month, that I have been really enjoying being able to relax a little bit more during the second half of the month. One of the fun things about this month was that I was able to try more new things. Of the new and the old this spring, here were my favorites.


Green Juice: I have been having so much fun trying new juices. I have been trying different juice brands and also making my own juices. My favorite juice that I have bought is by Juiced! Kay Dee Power and my favorite recipe that I have made is just kale, lemon, lime and ginger. Juices have been so fun to add to breakfasts and snacks as a way to add some extra nutrients in my day and just to have another tasty treat.

Fage Greek Yogurt: I ate so much of this yogurt earlier this May that I need to take a breather from eating yogurt. At school I had some for breakfast almost daily. Yogurt is such an easy way to make sure that you get protein in your day. My favorite ways to eat yogurt are with fruit or jam for something sweet, or with EBTB seasoning for a savory snack.

Sunglasses: Nothing makes me happier than when it is finally sunny in Wisconsin. Pulling out the sunglasses means that spring is here, and that soon the weather will be warm. I really love these sunglasses in particular because they look like a pair of Ray Bans that I like, but instead they are only $20 from Amazon so I don't have to worry about losing them. I bought them last year and it might be my favorite purchase of last summer.

Kombucha:I have always wanted to like Kombucha, but every time I had tried it I disliked it and ended up giving it to my sister. Finally I found a couple flavors that I really like! The lemon raspberry flavor from Kevita was the first one I liked. I also really like blueberry basil. I know I will have fun trying different flavors this summer as Kombucha gives a great alternative for when you are sick of drinking water and want to change it up.

Bhu Keto Protein Bars: It tried these bars for the first time at my work, and I was surprised by how much I liked them, particularly the refrigerated Keto bars. They remind me a lot of Perfect Bars, but with more dessert like flavors. I have tried almost all of the flavors, both refrigerated and not, and I think my favorite one is the peanut butter cookie dough bar. I would fully recommend  trying these.

Avocado Mug: My sister bought me this mug for my birthday and I have been loving it. It was so sweet that she remembered how over winter break the two of us had been looking at the mug, and I was saying how much I loved it.

Eating Well Magazine: I love cooking magazines and cook books so much. I read a ton in the summer, and one of my favorite ways to change up what I am reading is to read cookbooks instead of novels. Eating Well is one of my favorites because it is more seasonal than the other magazines, and it also can have a lot of fun health information.

What have you liked this past May?
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment