Saturday, May 27, 2017

What to Do When You're Bored

This past week I have experienced something I haven't felt for almost a year: boredom. Now that senior year is almost over, I don't have anything to do.  I am not the kind of person who can just sit around and do nothing; I can't even get myself to nap in the middle of the day. I have had to find other ways to occupy my time.


| Plan Outfits | 
I love to check out my closet, and maybe my mom's, to try to create outfits I haven't worn before. I pride myself on not wearing the same outfit to school twice in a month so this allows me to come up with a bunch of new, fun ideas. If I am ever stuck on ideas, I can check out Pinterest for a couple of minutes and then I'm on my way. 

| Go On a Walk |
I mentioned earlier this week how much I love walking (here). Going on a walk is an easy way to kill time that doesn't involve too much effort. I just grab my dog or a family and take a quick walk with them. It becomes a nice way to get some exercise and an even better way to spend quality time with others.

| Organize Your Room |
If you're anything like me then your room starts clean at the beginning of the week and goes downhill from there. I love having a clean room, but I don't always have time to maintain it. When I don't have anything to do, I quickly put my room together, or even redo how part of it is organized. 

| Bake Cookies |
Baking is something that I always enjoy, but don't do as often as I'd like. Making cookies or any other type of baked good is always fun to do. My go to would probably chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies. I guarantee you won't be bored when cooking and everyone will appreciate the outcome. 

| Make Lists |
I am a list person. Almost everyday I have some sort of list telling me what I need to do. I also really just enjoy making lists. When I'm really bored, making lists can entertain me. These lists can be anything from clothes that I want, a bucket list, or places that I might want to travel. Lists are great because they can be anything. 

What do you do when you're bored?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment