Thursday, April 19, 2018

Thursday Three

This was a really stressful week, but it wasn't bad at the same time. It's mainly stressful because I now am working on my final papers and am having difficulty starting them (or in one case, I had to re-find all of my data). Even with the stress of the end of the year, figuring out what I am doing this summer and other random things, it was still a good week. Here is what happened:

|1|
I knew it would be a good week since the Farmer's Market started Saturday. If you have read my blog at all, you'd know how much I love any market. I was a little worried this time if I would find any breakfast for myself (I typically by breakfast for Saturday and Sunday there) since I am not gluten free among other things. Thankfully there was this amazing blueberry-banana scone!

|2|
Alright, this is decidedly the worst part of the week: the weather. Let me just ask what in the world is going on that there was a snowstorm this weekend. In Madison, we didn't get too much snow (mainly ice), but at home, it was over a foot of snow. My siblings had a snow day in April... let that sink in. We then had another one Wednesday, and this was taken an hour in. All I want is warm(er) weather, honestly anything that means I can put my bean boots and winter parka away would be great. 

|3|
 I am on the low FODMAP diet as I explained last week (see here), but now I have started a new stage. I slowly test different food groups to see how I react. This week was testing lactose, so I knew that I was going to start with ice cream. I have thought I was lactose intolerant for about a year, so I figured if I'm going to get sick, might as well do it with ice cream. To my surprise, I didn't have any symptoms.... so I guess I am not lactose intolerant. Knowing I can eat ice cream again has made me so happy. 

How was your week?
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment