Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thursday Three

I'm back! (hopefully for good) This past month has been absolutely crazy for me. I have been dealing with stomach problems (more on that later), a ton a school work and then last week was spring break. I had been under so much stress that I needed spring break for what it was... a break. I took a break from almost everything school related, and while I am still tired and stressed, I know I can get through the next 6 weeks. Here was my past week:

|1|
 I knew over spring break I needed to go to Door County. This is always where I go to refresh, and that refresh was greatly needed. It is always so nice to be there in the winter. There are no tourists, everything is beautiful and I can just sit by the fire all day reading. I've said time and time again that Door County is my special place, and nothing reminds me of that more than when I go back after being gone a while.

|2|
Due to stomach problems, I have been put on the Low FODMAP diet by my doctor. I'm writing a post more about what it is, and why I am on it but more on that later. The hardest thing for me is to be gluten free. I love my baked goods, so I knew over spring break I needed to make myself enough to last through the semester. I made zucchini muffins, blueberry muffins, banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, and then for Easter, a gluten/dairy-free carrot cake. Nothing was the exact same as my mom's normal recipes but for the first time of gluten free baking I am proud of the turnout.

|3|
The first day after break the weather was so nice, and I got to enjoy a beautiful morning run by the lake. Seeing the sunrise was a great way to start to the day. Sadly the nice weather needed right away and we got a snow and ice storm the next day. I keep waiting for spring to start but I've lived in Wisconsin long enough to know we go straight from winter to summer, spring doesn't really exist. 

How was you week?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment