Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Tuesday's Eats: First Day of the Spring Semester

Back on campus for second semester junior year! I have no idea how this semester will play out in terms of having time to blog but I am hoping to be more consistent this semester. I made sure to work less and I no longer have an officer position in my sorority. This should be the first of many posts for what I eat. I hope it brings some inspiration of easy meals to make. I only have a microwave, blender and fridge to work with if I want to make anything for myself, and anything else is made by my sororities chef. This means that most of my meals are super easy and anyone can make them. With that being said, here is what I ate on my first day of classes! 


Breakfast: Siggi's Black Cherry Skyr w/ Flaxseeds and Paleo Granola + Banana + 1/2 Grapefruit 

I went for a pretty basic breakfast to start off the semester. I always have to adjust when coming from home because the types of meals I make are pretty different. At home I like to make a fancier breakfast while at school it tends to be just little things thrown together. For me, the key is to start my day with fruit and protein. This helps me feel my best and it makes sure that I don't get hungry before lunchtime. 


Lunch: Leftover Pumpkin Pasta + 2 Clementines 

I brought leftovers from home for my lunch because I knew I wouldn't have anything to pack at the sorority house yet. The pasta is chickpea pasta with a pumpkin sage sauce. This has to be one of my favorite winter meals so it was a great way to get me through the day. The two clementines were a fun expirent. One was just the standard clementine from the grocery and the other was a satsuma mandarin from Tree Ripe Citrus. The Satsuma mandarin was much softer and easier to peel. It also had a brighter flavor than the clementine. 10/10 would recommend. 


Snack: Cashews 

Once I got to work I was so hungry. I completely underestimated how much food to bring with me. I didn't have a lot of time so I grabbed some cashews to much on while working. 


Dinner: Smoothie (not shown) and Trail Mix 

I knew I was going to do things with my friends after I finished work this evening. I work at a smoothie bar for athletes on campus so I just made myself a smoothie to keep me full for the night. My smoothie had strawberries, blueberries, collagen, peaches, spinach and peanut butter. I also picked out the nuts of this trail mix to eat as well because I wanted something salty, but I really don't like sweetened, dried fruit. This might not have been your standard dinner, but it did the job of keeping me full for the night. 

Until next time, 
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment