Friday, January 24, 2020

52 in 52: Week Four

This week at Whole Foods I found Forager Grain Free Cereal  and since I love cereal so much, I knew I needed to try it. The only other grain free cereal brands I have heard of are Magic Spoon and a couple other brands, but none of them are available in store. This cereal was $6 when the comparative brands are around $10. I am a big fan of cereal bowls for breakfast or as a late night snack so I was excited to try it. 


I tried the cereal dry, and then tried it for breakfast as part of a more balanced meal. My cereal bowl included more cinnamon, flax seeds, peanut butter, banana and almond milk. Won't lie, the dry cereal tastes like styrofoam (or at least what I like it would taste like). Thankfully it gets substantially better when milk is added. Overall I like it as an option for my cereal craving but if you aren't grain free I would stick with something else. 


For being grain free I would give it a 7/10 (with milk). I will probably end up buying it again because it does give me the option for cereal again which makes me so happy but it won't be a regular purchase.

UPDATE (1/28): This cereal grew on me a lot. It still isn't great dry but it does so well with almond milk once soaked a little. I still won't buy it weekly because of the price but I guarantee it will show up again on this blog. I love have cereal back. 

Until next time, 
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment