Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tuesdays Eats: A Slow Sunday

These pictures are all from Sunday. The weekend can be my favorite time of the week when it comes to meal because I am not trying to make meals that I can eat between classes, especially for lunch. I love a warm lunch but that is not always realistic for me. This weekend was especially nice because my classes are just getting started. I had homework, but not a crazy amount that still allowed me to get to the gym, relax and spend time with friends. Here is what I ate on Sunday: 


Snack: French Pressed Coffee + Orange

Both days this weekend I started my day with a French pressed coffee and fruit. I was not really hungry when I woke up, but still needed to eat something. This was the perfect way to start a slow morning. 


Breakfast: Greek Yogurt w/ Peanut Butter, Strawberries + Granola + Flaxseed

I was really craving a cold breakfast this morning so I made a yogurt bowl. I just put in whatever I could find and it turned out well. In the winter I eat a lot of frozen fruit, so for this bowl I just defrosted some strawberries. Frozen fruit is a staple because it lasts so long, is cheaper and tastes so much better than out of season produce. 


Lunch: Eggs + Cucumber + Pineapple + Pumpkin Morning Glory Muffin 

On Sundays we are served brunch at the sorority house so my lunches always end up being a mix of the brunch food and whatever else I can find. These egg cups are my favorite thing that they make. I always wait for a fresh batch and then make sure I pick the ones with the runniest yoke. I tried dipping the cucumber in the yoke (I know, weird) and it was good! Even though this meal was simple, it was my favorite of the day. 


Snack: Smoothie (Strawberries, Blueberries, Banana, Peanut Butter, Spinach and Vanilla Protein)

First of all I will address the fact that this is the ugliest picture of a smoothie. I can't take a good picture of a smoothie no matter how hard I tried... I think I need a better smoothie glass than a textured plastic cup. I made this smoothie after a workout where I did my hip PT exercises and lifted upper body. I like to make sure I get some protein in after strength workouts and the smoothie was calling my name. This was one of the best smoothies I have made in a while, I think it helps that the protein actually tastes good! (brand linked above)


Dinner: Tasty Bite Madras Lentils + Lettuce + Broccoli + Pineapple

By the time it is Sunday night, there are typically no leftovers left to eat. Thankfully I bought a box of Tasty Bite microwave pouches from Costco before I left for the semester. I love these microwave pouches for a yummy, plant based dinner. I would eat them more often, but they are about $3 a pouch in standard grocery stores ie not in the college budget. The pineapple when surprisingly well with the lentil by adding a nice tang. This was a really satisfying meal to end the day. 

Until next time, 
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment