Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Tuesday's Eats #9 (on a Wednesday)

Well this is a little late, but that is what happens when you have three midterms in a week and a visitor the weekend before. My sister was visiting to look for college, so the past weekend was full of good eats as I showed her all of my favorite places around Madison. This days eats are from Friday, so dinner was out with her. Here is what I ate:

Breakfast: Fage Greek Yogurt w/ Apple and Strawberries and Spinach Banana Muffin 

There was not a lot of food left in the house for breakfast by Friday, so I can up with this random yogurt bowl. In the winter I depend on a lot of frozen berries in my breakfast. In yogurt, it allows swirls of flavor to sweeten plain yogurt. Yogurt bowls have been my go-to in the past week because they keep me full, and I won't lie, I have a big container I need to finish before spring break. 

Lunch: Crawfish Chowder + Simple Salad + Sweet Potato Fries

Lunch this day really hit the spot. Normally I don't like sweet potato, but for some reason these fries tasted so good today. Since I saw the chowder on the menu, I had been looking forward to it. I love a good soup, and it was fun to try a chowder with a new fish. Finally, I always try to have some sort of fruit or veggie with each meal, so I added a small side salad. (for some reason, I don't count fries as a real veggies). This was a good meal to help me stay happy until dinner. 

(not pictured) Pre-Dinner Treat: Parsnip Quinoa Breakfast Cake 

My sister was visiting last weekend (this was Friday's food) and my mom was sweet enough to send her with gluten free treats for me. This time she sent this Parsnip Quinoa Breakfast Cake. She used this recipe ( here) but substituted parsnips for the carrots. My Aunt first made me this cake when I originally had to go gluten free so it has a special place in my heart. 

Dinner: Chef Tory's B-Bap from Sujeo  with tofu 

My sister really loves food inspired by other countries, so I wasn't suprised when she chose an American-koren fusion restaurant. I had never been here before, but I have been to other restaurants by the same group so I knew it wouldn't disappoint. This dinner was totally different than I normally eat but it was pretty good. As always, having food modified gluten free can mean taking away some tasty parts, but it still made for a fun and unique dinner. 

How was your week?
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment