Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: Last Day of Mom's Cooking

I am writing this back at school, but am sharing one of the last days of eating being at home. This means good food, a large variety and lots of fruits and veggies. This had been a good spring break full of cooking and spending time with family, but sadly it also involved a lot of homework. I had been planning on writing enough blog posts to guarantee I could post twice a week for the rest of the school year, but that definitely didn't happen. I am still making it a goal to post as often as possible, but with how my schedule is looking, twice a week can't happen. On that note, here is what I ate for my last day of spring break: 

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs + Cherry Almond Scone + Sausage + Fruit 

On the way home from the farmers market (indoors), I stopped by the local gluten free bakery for a treat to go along with breakfast. They make the best scones, and I can never pass up the cherry almond one. You can tell I couldn't pass up a nibble on the car ride home. I also was making sure to get all of my favorites in throughout the day. This includes all of the fruit in the house and the local sausage we always have. This was a great breakfast to start a full day of eats. 

Lunch: Kale Salad w/ Roasted Carrots, Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber, Black Beans and Hemp Seeds

Is it really me, if there isn't an abnormally large amount of kale consumed? My mom and I made this kale salad together pretty much by throwing together all of the veggies we could think of. The roasted, not raw, carrots was my idea and I loved how the texture variation turned out. Big salads like these make for the perfect lunch and it is even nicer when I don't have to pay over $10 like I would have school for one. 

Dinner: Salmon w/ Avocado, Pomegranate Seeds and Cilantro + Roasted Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts 

Fish is always my first choice for dinner, and since it was my last night at home, I got to chose. This was a new method of preparing salmon and it was so good. Of course, we also had to throw roasted brussel sprouts in the menu because I have to fit in all of my favorite foods into one day. (the only thing that was missing was cauliflower)

Dessert: Creme Brûlée (not pictured) 

I completely forgot to take a picture of dessert this night, but my mom made vanilla creme brûlée for everyone and it was amazing. I couldn't eat it everyday, but it is such a fancy treat to end the week.

now back to less exciting meals
xoxo, 
Maddie 

1 comment :

  1. Everything looks fantastic.Amazing i m really impress with your content and very useful it tomorrowsreviewzone

    ReplyDelete