Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Tuesday's Eats: Back Home

Finally back at home for spring break, and it is nice to relax for once. Part of de-stressing for me is being able to cook and make my favorite foods. I always come home with a massive list of food to make. By the time I am writing this Monday night, I have already made three fun lunches, cookies, brownies and a dinner one night. This day of eats come from Sunday, which means I spent the kitchen with my mom. Here is what we were up to:

Breakfast: Buckwheat Protein Pancake (recipe) w/ Raspberries and Maple Syrup

I have shared this pancake on instagram before, but this single serving protein buckwheat pancake is my new favorite breakfast. It is so thick and fluffy, and also absorbs a ton of liquids (ie maple syrup) that makes for the most amazing breakfast. I made this first over winter break, and then made it for my mom as well. Now, every time she makes it, she sends me a pictures just because I love it that much!

Lunch: Crispy Brussel Sprout, Kale and Mushroom Tacos (recipe)

Lunches are my time to go crazy in the kitchen. On weekends, I make something with my mom and on weekdays, I make two serving of something and then my mom has the leftovers the next day. We made these tacos together and they were amazing. I wasn't sure about the refried bean aspect at first, but I was pleasantly surprised. We ended up having leftovers of the veggie part, so my mom was able to take those to work.

Snack: Cashews (not pictured)


Dinner: Salsbury Steak w/ Roasted Potatos and Kale Salad

Being home for my mom's dinners is always appreciated because they are so much better and diverse than what I get at school. Each meal always has a good balance of veggies, protein and carbs. This night was really simple, but it definitely hit the spot.

Dessert: Coffee Ice Cream w/ Chocolate Syrup and an Anzac Cookie (recipe)

One of my favorite parts about being home right now is that I get dessert every night. I have been loving Anzac cookies (oats and coconut) with coffee ice cream, my all time favorite flavor. Having a sweet treat to end the night is always such a great way to end the day.

Can't wait for this full week to be full of yummy food! 
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment