Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thursday Three

I finally went home this weekend and it was by far the best part of my week. I loved just being able to be with my family again, and I was lucky enough to get to spend some time with each of them. I also got to see one of my best friends and go out for coffee too many times. All of this makes for a good weekend. Here was my week:

|1|
The best part of my whole week was getting to bake with my mom. We made everything for thanksgiving (see that post here) and I also got started on Christmas cookies. We made gingerbread cookies and chocolate covered pretzels. I am going to miss being able to make cookies all of December, but I know will make up for it when I am home for break. Hint: Come back soon for the gingerbread cookie recipe. 

|2|
After a long day of classes, nothing is nicer than being able to snuggle up under a cozy blanket with a cup of coffee (decaf of course) and a bit of chocolate. I love to either watch Hallmark movies or read a good book. Both are great ways to be able to destress. This book, The Garden of the Beasts, is so good. I fully recommend it to anyone who is interested in historical fiction (rise of Hitler) or just generally likes to read. 

|3|
This Christmas decorating has begun in my dorm. I have two trees, one fake with ornaments and a small little pine tree (real) that I am trying not to kill. I also bought some cute Christmas pillows for my bed because one can never have too many pillows. Finally I added tinsel around my bulletin board. All of this adds a christmasy touch to the room so I hopefully I won't feel too left out of the Christmas fun at home.

Can you tell I love the Christmas season?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment