Thursday, October 29, 2015

Where to Get the Best Vest






Vests are one of the things that I consider as the most important accessories to have for the fall and winter. They are very versatile and can make an outfit look just a little nicer. 

There are really two types of vests that are popular right now, fleece vests and puffer vests. The classic puffer vests are from J.Crew, and I would say that most people think of the Vineyard Vines fleece vest when they think of a fleece vest. 

Based mainly on reviews and personal experiences I'll compare a couple different vests of each type to find the best vest. I will be focusing on price, ratings, and uses/colors. 

For puffer vests the places I will be reviewing will be J.Crew, Old Navy, and  the North Face. For fleece vest, it will be Vineyard Vines, Columbia, and Patagonia.


J. Crew Quilted Down Vest

  • price: $120
  • rating: 4.7/5 (155 reviews) 
  • Colors: Poppy, Navy, Black, Ivory, Sand, Moss, Brown
  • Personal: I have tried these one in stores. They seem to have a really good quality and they are a little puffier than the Old Navy one.
  • price: $35
  • rating: 4.6/5 (24 reviews)
  • colors: Canvas, Navy, Black, Bright Orange, Forest, Chambray, Red Check
  • Personal: I own two of these vests, and I really like them because they are thin so that they can go over everything without making the outfit super big. They aren't really warm but they work really well for a vest for only fashion. 
  • price: $149
  • rating: 4.6/5 (52 reviews)
  • colors: Turquoise, floral, purple, galaxy, black, plum, silver, surf green
  • Personal: I have only seen these online.
  • price: $98
  • rating: 4.5/5 (37 Reviews) 
  • colors: Navy, White, Light Blue
  • personal: I have seen it in stores at it is super soft.
  • price: $45
  • rating: 4.7/5 (177 reviews) 
  • colors: Plum, Black, White, Grey, Purple, Emerald, Pomegranate, Light Blue, Navy/Grey
  • Personal: none

  • price: $99
  • Rating: 5/5 (2 reviews)
  • Colors: Birch White, Black, Green, Navy, Linen, Red
  • Personal: My friend owns this in black, and it looks really good on her, not boxy at all. 

Overall, I would go with the Old Navy puffer vest if you just want something for fashion, but I would go with the J.Crew vest if you want something for both fashion and a little warmth. For the fleece vest, I recommend the Vineyard Vines vest because it looks the best and it is really soft. 


Which one seems like the best one to you?
xoxo,
Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment