Sunday, October 11, 2015

Redone Room

A while ago I wanted to redo my room in way that matched my personality. It have had these pictures for a while but I just have't had the time to share this with you, so here it goes.

For this year, the one thing I really wanted to do was redo my my room, but there was one major catch. It had to be an okay theme with my sister since I have to share a room with her. This is the main reason that our room hasn't changed in several years. Until this year, her style was very pink and girly, while mine was very simple and sporty. Both of our styles have changed: now I lean more preppy and hers can't be described in one word, but it's like a simple boho style.  I came up with the idea that I would have navy and white bedding because that would be able to match with almost color she would want. We went with this idea and I am thrilled with how it turned out! I going to show a before picture followed by what my room currently looks like.

The major thing that you will see is that we painted our room white instead of lavender/pink. The pink limited our options in many ways, from what went on our walls, to the bedding we wanted.

Before
After

We used to have a couch (wasn't it ugly?), so I moved my bookshelf and brought up a dresser for me to use. 



This is my favorite area in the room because it is really pretty. I display my Essie nail polish and baseball hats (stacked) to add some preppy touches. I also spent time organizing my book shelf in alphabetical order to make finding a book a lot easier.


Before

After
 Moving my bookshelf gave my sister an area that was all hers. I think she did a good job on making it her own. 
Before
After
 We used to have matching bedding that was pink and orange, but neither of us liked it so we splurged and got ourselves new bedding and curtains.  I  got the Kate Spade bedding sold at Beth Bath and Beyond. Originally the price was $130, but I brought in a coupon for %20 off because I signed up for emails. This made the price go down to $105.  I can't say you will for sure get the discount because technically they weren't supposed to give it to me. Let's just say I was thrilled to get the discount.


I love this view because it shows my bulletin board, with all my stickers, senior pictures, and memories. 

  
                                          
Before
After

The first thing you have to understand is that my closet is my baby. I love that little thing to death. One of the biggest changes I made was get some fabric boxes from Target to store scarves, belts, purses, and swimsuits (all things that were in the drawer in the bottom of the closet). Then I moved the drawer holding my t-shirts underneath my bed. Then I moved my shoe boxes to the bottom of the closet. I always keep my shoes in their boxed show I can find what pair I am looking for right away. 

This project took me about a week and a half to completely finish. Overall I think is went from a middle school room to a high school room, even though it took until I was a junior to do it. 

What do you think of the change?
xoxo,
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment