Monday, April 6, 2020

Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie

In the middle of this last semester I started to experiment more with making smoothies in the morning. I love smoothies as a way to get in your fruits and veggies to start the day, but just a smoothie isn't enough of a breakfast for me. I really need to be able to chew some part of my meal in order to feel satiated. I started to experiment with making small smoothies and I found some that I really liked. My favorite breakfast quickly became a smoothie with scrambled eggs or a muffin on the side. 


This strawberry grapefruit smoothie is one of my all time favorites. It creates a great fluffy smoothie with the prettiest color. The grapefruit provides a refreshing and tangy taste while the strawberry balances it out with sweetness. 

For protein powder, I really like Garden of Life's Sport Whey Protein. Of all of the protein powders I have tried, it blends the smoothest with not off taste. Any other plant or whey based protein powder could work here as well. If you don't want to add any protein powder, another option is adding vanilla extract. Your smoothie will not expand in volume as much, but it will still have a great taste. 

Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie 
Serves: 1 

Ingredients 

1/2 c Grapefruit* (about 1/2 a large grapefruit) 
3/4 c Strawberries 
1/4 c Riced Cauliflower
2 T Vanilla Protein Powder 
1/3 c Almond Milk (or any milk of choice) 

*try to remove as much of the white strings as possible as it makes the smoothie bitter

Instructions

Add all of the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. 


Let me know what you think!

Until next time, 
Maddie 

No comments :

Post a Comment