Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tuesdays Eats: One Month into Quarantine

I realized suddenly that we are already a month into Wisconsin stay at home order, and time has flown by. I did not think I would be saying this, but I have been busy enough with online school that I have not had time to get bored. The highlights of my days are always my meals. This is when I can take a break from studying in order to cook, primarily breakfast and lunch. I have been able to find a lot of meals that I love and have had only a few busts. This day was a pretty predictable day of eating, so here we go!  


Breakfast: Vanilla Skyr w/ Grain Free Yogurt, (defrosted) Local Cherries and Blueberries + Cookies and Cream Smoothie 

If you have looked on my Instagram recently, you would know that I am obsessed with Kelly Leveque's Cookies and Cream Fab Four smoothie. The smoothie has blueberries, spinach, almond butter, flaxseeds and chocolate protein powder.  I would not just have this smoothie alone for breakfast, I just don't know if it would keep me full until lunch. Instead, I split the smoothie recipe with my mom (she also loves it) and have something on the side that involves chewing. I was in the mood for a parfait even though the weather is still pretty cold, so I just had that as well. 


Lunch: Socca w/ Lemon Rosemary White Beans and Mushrooms

Lunches have continued to be a fun experiments in the kitchen. I have continued with my socca obsession that I mentioned on last Fridays 52 in 52,  and we topped it with leftover white beans and local mushrooms. The recipe for the white beans and mushrooms was from Spoonful of Flavor.  This was a great recipe to use up things that we had lying around the house. We are lucky enough to get produce delivery once a week from a local farmer, so we have a constant stream of mushrooms, spinach, carrots etc available. Most of our lunches involve finding new recipes to try that involves using up these items. 

Snack: Peanuts + Grapes (unpictured) 

Yup, a snack. Nothing special but it didn't need to be. I just needed something to get me through the final paper that I am writing. 


Dinner: 1/2 Leftover Socca + Apple + Sausage + Garlic Soup 

I had a snack plate for dinner this night since the rest of my family was having cheese fondu. Technically I could have it with my family, it would have been annoying for them since they couldn't have our homemade French bread dipped in the cheese due to cross contamination. They weren't complaining but honestly, I don't love cheese fondu so I had a deconstructed version. The socca was leftovers from the day before. I had wanted to see how it would taste warmed up so this was the perfect time to test it. (FYI, its not as food as fresh) Finally, the garlic soup was from a Julia Child cookbook with egg ribbons in it. It was a nice final touch. 


Dessert: Hu Cashew Butter Dark Chocolate 

Since we couldn't get our typical easter candy this year, we picked up some Hu Chocolate from the grocery. I had always seen it on Instagram, but wasn't sure if it was worth the type. Now let me tell you... it is. I absolutely love this dark Chocolate. I really like the cashew butter bar, but the hazelnut dark chocolate bar is even better. This ranks as one of my all time favorite dark chocolate bars. 

What have your meals been looking like? 

xoxo,
Maddie

1 comment :